How do I change the nameservers listed in my domain registration to point to Whipnet's nameservers?
To change the nameservers listed in your domain registration you would typically have to contact your domain registrar. Below are instructions on how to update the DNS information for a domain originally registerd
through Tucows, Register.com, Go Daddy, BulkRegister, Dotster, and Network Solutions, Enom, Inc., Domain Discover, DomainBank, and Namesecure.com:
1. Browse to https://manage.opensrs.net/ and enter the following information:
2. Scroll down and click on Manage Name Servers
3. Edit the Primary and Secondary Server Hostname by entering Whipnet's DNS information as listed below:
4. Click on Save/Submit and when the screen refreshes you will see the numberical server IP addresses.
5. In addition, using the menu at the top of the screen, you can select any of the domain name registration information that you wish to update, such as the Administrative Contact.
1. Go to: http://www.register.com
2. On left side of page: Click on MyAccount
3. At the Domain Manager Login, enter your assigned User Name and from Register.com. If you do not remember your username/password, there is password retrieval link on this page (Look for the "Forget Your User Name or Password?" link).
4. Click on Modify DNS
5. At Modify DNS: Use the checkboxes to delete the existing name servers
6.Enter Whipnet's DNS information as follows:
7. Confirm the email address to receive the confirmation of your domain changes
8. Click the Submit button
9. Confirm the changes and then click the Confirm button
10. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on URL in the email to confirm changes.
1. Browse to: http://www.godaddy.com
2. Click on: My Account
3. Login using your Login Name or Customer Name and Password. If you have forgotten your username/password, use the password retrieval link on this page (Look for the "Forgot your password? Click here." link).
4. Click on Domain Names and select the domain name you are transferring
5. In the Name Server information section click on the "Click Here to Modify" link
6. Enter Whipnet's primary server name as listed below, using only the name server (i.e., NS.Whipnet's.com) names NOT the IP address:
7. Click Save
10. You will be redirected to the main page and there should be a, "Name server modifications are pending," notice under the name server information for your domain name.
1. Browse to: http:/www.bulkregister.com
2. In the Member Login section, login to your BulkRegister account. If you do not remember your username and password, use the password retrieval link on this page (Look for the "Forgot your password?" link).
3. Click on "list domains"
4. Click on the domain name you wish to modify
5. Select "to modify name servers use this form"
6. Enter Whipnet's DNS information as follows:
7. Check the boxes marked "click if modify"
8. Click on "submit" and "apply"
The system will automatically add the name server's IP addresses. Please note that it will take 24 - 48 hours before the modification will completely take effect.
A. Make sure that your contact information is current:
1. Browse to: http://www.netsol.com
2. Click WhoIs
3. Search for your Domain Name.
4. Verify the Administrative Contact email address and make sure that this email address is current and that you have access to the email account. (For security authentication, Network Solution typically requires an email handshake).
B. If you can still retrieve email at the Administrative Contact email address, skip to step C. If you cannot retrieve email from the Administrative Contact email address:
1. If you have your Network Solutions password, then you can use the same steps above but use the CRYPT-PWD as your authorization method.
2. If you do not have a Network Solutions password, you will have to perform a fax authorization to change your contact information. Go to: http://www.netsol.com/en_US/makechanges/fax/ for instructions.
C. To change the DNS for your Domain Name, follow the steps below.
1. Go to: http://www.netsol.com
2. Click the Account Manager Login from any page within the site.
3. Enter your Account Number/User Name and Password in the text boxes
4. Choose the domain name you wish to transfer
4. Click the Enter Contracts/Manage DNS link
5. Enter your current, working email address, confirm the domain name. The email address needs to match the Administrative Email address from (A) above.
6. Under the Authentication Information heading, choose your Guardian method from the drop down list. MAIL-FROM should be used, unless you have a password. If you have a password, use CRYPT-PW.
7. Under the Name Server section, enter Whipnet's DNS information as follows:
8. Click Continue. Click Continue on the next page
9. Check your Administrative email account, and forward your Service Agreement modification request to email@example.com.
Note to AOL users: AOL software prevents you from simply replying to Network Solution's message. Highlight the message you received, copy it into the body of a new email message, type firstname.lastname@example.org in the To: field, then hit the Send button.
1. Browse to: http://www.dotster.com
2. Click My Account and log into your Dotster account by entering your Account Name or Domain Name and your password. If you do not remember your username/password, just click on the "login" button. The following error page will contain a password retrieval link (Look for the "Forgot your Password?" link)
3. Click "Manage your domains"
4. In the drop down box, choose the domain name that you are transferring.
5. Click the button "Manage..."
6. On the left side of the screen you will see some links, click the one that says "Name Servers."
7. At the bottom of the page it will list your current name servers. "Remove" the old ones in turn.
8. "Add" the new name servers in turn. Enter Whipnet's DNS information as listed below, using only the name server (i.e., NS.Whipnet's.com) names NOT the IP address:
9. Click update.
10. Now wait up to 72 hours for the change to take place.
1. Browse to http://www.enom.com
2. Click Login located on the left side of the screen
3. Enter the Login ID and Password information provided to you by Enom upon the initial registration of your domain name.
NOTE: If you cannot locate this information, go to "If you have lost your password, click here" link.
4. Once you have logged on, select the 'my domains' tab on the member menu.
5. You will then be provided a list of domains you currently have with Enom. Click the domain to which you need to make changes.
6. This next screen allows you to choose from a variety of services from Enom Inc. Go to the "DNS Server " option and click Change.
7. If you are still using Enom's DNS servers, you will then need to select the radio button next to the line that reads "User - This option will allow you to use user-specified name servers, including none."
8. Click Make changes.
9. Replace any existing name server information with Whipnet's DNS information:
10. Click Save changes.
11. You will now be presented with the "DNS server" screen with your completed changes, verifying that your update was successful.
1. Browse to http://www.domaindiscover.com
2. Log on to the system via the 'existing customers' area by entering your domain name and your password.
NOTE: If you cannot locate your user information, click the "Forgot your password?" link.
3. Once you have logged on, find the area labeled 'Make Changes' and click Change nameservers.
4. You will then be provided with the current DNS information for your domain, as well as fields in which you may make changes.
4. Replace any existing name server information with Whipnet's DNS information:
5. Once finished, click Preview changes. You will now be presented with the new information for your domain. If it is correct, click Confirm changes to save your updated information.
How to modify DNS information with the registrar DomainBank
1. Browse to: http://www.domainbank.com
2. At the top of the screen, click Account Manager.
3. Enter the Login ID and Password information provided to you by DomainBank upon the initial registration of your domain name.
NOTE: If you cannot locate this information, click the 'Forgot Your Password?' option below the logon area.
4. Once you have logged on, click Domain Manager.
5. Click Modify DNS record at the top of the page.
6. Click the domain for which you want to modify name server information.
7. Replace any existing name server information with Whipnet's DNS information below:
8. Once you have updated this information you must still confirm the changes via email. Click Send.
9. You will now be provided with the changes you are making. If the information is correct, click Yes to confirm.
10. An email will then be sent to the email address they have on file. Follow the instructions in this email to authorize the changes you have just made. (You usually need to simply click a URL in the email to confirm the changes.)
1. Browse to: http://www.namesecure.com
2. Click My Account, located on the left side of the screen.
3. Enter the User Name and Password information provided to you by Namesecure upon the initial registration of your domain name.
NOTE: If you cannot locate this information, click the 'Click here' option below the logon area
4. Once you have logged on you will be provided with the information regarding your account. This will include a list of the domains you have registered with Namesecure. Locate the domain to which you wish to make changes, and click the link next to it labeled 'View/Modify/Renew.'
5. Click the "Registration Information" tab.
6. Once on the Registration Information menu, click Modify Domain Name Servers.
7. Replace any existing name server information with Whipnet's DNS information:
1. Browse to http://www.names4ever.com
2. Click Manage My Domain
3. Click the Update Domain link
4. To login, enter your domain name and password. Then click the Edit button
5. Delete any existing name servers listed using the Delete button
6. Then add the Whipnet's DNS information:
7. Click the Update button
International Domain Names
Please browse to http://www.allwhois.com to find your domain registrar. You will then be required to contact them to find out the procedure of updating DNS Information. When prompted, provide Whipnet's DNS information as listed below: