The Robert Lazar Timeline
Part 2 | <--
April 19, 1986: RL married Tracy Anne Murk at the "We've Only Just Begun" Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas.
At the time, RL was apparently still legally married to Carol. No divorce proceedings were on file with the Clark County Clerk's office, and Carol's published obituaries and death certificate identified RL as her husband at the time. The minister at the wedding was William Sharp and the recorded marriage certificate was mailed to 1073 Cheyenne, Los Alamos. (OR 0765:0400067) (11)
April 21, 1986: Carol Lazar died in Las Vegas. (4)(5)
Carol Lazar's death certificate (# 001423-86) is on file with the Clark County Health District, 625 Shadow Lane, Las Vegas, (702) 383-1223. The district will not release copies of certificates except to family members or in a few other special instances. However, the certificates are available for inspection by those with "legitimate interests". This would include journalists and researchers.
According to data on the certificate, the death was ruled a suicide and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning. The method was given as "Inhalation of motor vehicle exhaust". It occurred at 1933 Ann Greta. The case was referred to the Coroner, but no autopsy was performed.
Quoting the obituary in the Las Vegas Review-Journal , April 23, 1986, Page 2B: "Carol Lazar died Monday. She was a two-year resident of Las Vegas and was a self-employed film processor in the photography industry. She is survived by her husband Robert of Las Vegas. Private services and burial were handled by Davis Funeral Home".
Per statements in the bankruptcy file, RL left Los Alamos and moved to Las Vegas. The addresses listed in those papers indicate he moved to the Ann Greta house. (13)
July 21, 1986: RL files for bankruptcy.
RL voluntarily filed for a Chapter 7 (which is a liquidation) bankruptcy in Las Vegas citing "loss of business" and "death of spouse" as reasons.(Case BK 86-01623). (13)
In the file, under penalty of perjury, RL stated his occupation was a Photo Processor, that he was self employed at his residence, and had been so for 6 years. There was no mention of employment at LANL. When asked if he had been in a partnership with anyone or engaged in any business within the preceding 6 years, RL stated "No". Within the preceding 2 years, RL stated the amount of income he received from his trade was "Unknown", that he had received no other income from other sources and had not filed tax returns for the period.
RL stated that his records for the two years prior to July 1986, along with $15,000, had vanished with his accountant, Scott R. Maxwell of Santa Fe, who moved and left no forwarding address. RL said a police report on the incident was filed in Los Alamos.
RL also stated no other person was holding anything of value in which he had an interest. There was no mention anywhere in the documents of ownership, either part or full, of a brothel.
RL listed his monthly expenses for mortgage, utilities, food, car payments, etc., as totaling $2,360. He listed another monthly debt of $13,150, and although required to specify what it was, did not. Thus his total monthly expenses were given as $15,510.
Oct. 12, 1986: RL married Tracy for a second time.
This time, for reasons unknown, Tracy used the name of Jackie Dianne Evans. Wedding was at the "Chapel of Love" in Las Vegas by Minister James B. Terrell (OR 0773:0431981). The recorded marriage certificate was sent to the Ann Greta address. (11)
March 19, 1987: Bankruptcy final decree was issued.
. Final accounting showed $173,250 in assets (home and photo equipment), and $270,324 in debts. (13)
RL met John Lear, precise date unknown. (1)
March 16, 1988:
A "Notice of Default" was issued for the Ann Greta house for failing to make payments from 7-1-87 and thereafter. The trustee of the loan declared it due and if not paid immediately, would be foreclosed on. (OR 880316:00333)(11)
March 22, 1988:
Tracy/Jackie purchased a home on LXXXXX Street in Las Vegas under the name "Jackie Evans".
The home was purchased from Michael and Carolyn Tutay by "Jackie Evans, a married woman as her sole and separate property". Concurrently, RL quitclaimed any interests in this house to her ( OR 880322:124 thru 127). ( A quitclaim is a document transferring whatever rights or interests a property owner may have, if any, to another without any guarantee or warranty of title.) (11)
August 4, 1988:
The Ann Greta house was sold at auction by the trustee for $97,400 (OR 880912:262). (11)
December 1988: RL began claimed work period at S-4. (1)
According to Good, RL "..would be called by phone and told when to go to McCarran Airport, where a Boeing 737 (probably a 737-200 belonging to EG&G) would fly him and others to Groom Lake. From there, after waiting briefly in a cafeteria, a bus with blocked out windows drove the remainder of the journey along a dirt road to an area estimated to be ten to fifteen miles south of Groom Lake, adjacent to Papoose Lake."
March 1989: According to Good's account, RL began initial interviews with George Knapp. (1)
Per the Lindemann interview, they were done for "safekeeping" (2). Curiously, in a radio interview with Chuck Harder on the "For The People" show on November 17, 1989, George Knapp stated John Lear didn't introduce him to RL until May, 1989.
March 22, 1989: First Wednesday night trip to Tikaboo Valley to view disc test.
Observers were RL, Tracy Lazar, Gene Huff and John Lear, using Lear's RV. Lear was the only one who saw the elliptical shaped light through a telescope and the total sighting lasted about 7 minutes. (1)
March 29, 1989: Second Wednesday night trip to view test.
Observers were RL, Tracy Lazar, Gene Huff and Jim Tagliani. They took a videotape of a moving light with a timestamp of 8:30 PM shown on the tape. (1) (2) (9)
April 5, 1989: Third Wednesday night trip to view test.
Observers were RL, Tracy Lazar, her sister, Gene Huff and John Lear. They were discovered by guards and detained and questioned by the Lincoln County Sheriff. (1) (14)
April 7, 1989: RL's last "work day". Debriefed at Indian Springs Airfield. (1)
RL says he was ordered to report to Indian Springs where he was interrogated about the previous night's activities. In Good's book RL says "I was never officially fired and my clearance was never officially taken away", but that he refused to go back for fear of his safety. In Lindemann's book RL says "I didn't actually leave, they denied my clearance." The reason given for the clearance revocation was the instability of RL's marriage to Tracy, who RL claims was having an affair with her flight instructor. (14)
According to sworn statements in the divorce records, RL separated from Tracy/Jackie. (12)
RL's first interviews with George Knapp were broadcast on Las Vegas' KLAS-TV, in silhouette, using the pseudonym "Dennis".
Nov. 10, 1989 :
KLAS-TV, which earlier in the week began a series of reports by George Knapp on UFOs, identified and interviewed RL.
Nov. 21, 1989:
RL and Gene Huff were guests on the "Billy Goodman Happening" radio show on KVEG 840 AM.
Nov. 25, 1989:
"UFOs: The Best Evidence" a 2 hour compilation of previous reports, is shown on KLAS-TV.
Dec. 9, 1989:
RL appeared on "On The Record", hosted by George Knapp, on KLAS-TV.
Dec. 20, 1989:
RL was a guest on the "Billy Goodman Happening" radio show on KVEG 840 AM.
June 5, 1990:
RL was arrested in Las Vegas for pandering. (6)
June 18, 1990: RL plead guilty to a felony charge of pandering in District Court. (6)
According to the LV Sun , "The guilty plea was part of a plea bargain in which the district attorney's office agreed not to pursue additional prostitution- related charges."
The story in the LV Review-Journal said RL met prostitute Toni Bulloch as a customer and helped her set up her business in the Newport Cove apartments on Tamarus Street. The story also stated, "The records show that Lazar later helped Bulloch in setting up the business, that he did indeed keep computer records of customers, and that he also took at least a 50 percent share of her fees. Lazar was also interested in recruiting other women into the operation, the records state."
July 25, 1990: RL is divorced from Tracy/Jackie (Case D 130180). (12)
According to the proceedings of the case, RL received the house on LXXXXX Street and any equipment and/or revenue from his businesses known as "Jet Processing", "United Nuclear" and "Red Light Racing". Tracy/Jackie received a pickup truck and various furniture and audio-video items. The proceedings also identified both marriages (i.e., first as Tracy and again as Jackie) and directed that Tracy/Jackie would retain the name "Tracy Lazar".
August 20, 1990: Sentencing date.
As a result of his pandering conviction, RL was sentenced to 6 months probation, 150 hours of community service, ordered to undergo psychotherapy and to stay away from brothels. (7)
The article in the LV Review-Journal said that although "state parole and probation authorities had recommended a four month prison evaluation of Lazar", the prosecutor, John Lukens, said that the circumstances of the case were such that "Metro vice and the DA have no opposition to probation." The article also said the court received letters supporting RL from George Knapp and Representative James Bilbray, D-Nevada.
Sept. 13, 1990:
"Jackie Evans Lazar" quitclaims house on LXXXXX Street to RL, thus transferring ownership to him. (OR 900913:00477) (11)
Dec. 12, 1990:
The IRS places a $4,897 lien on RL for taxes (OR 901213:608). (11)
May 1, 1993:
RL speaks at the "Ultimate UFO Seminar" held at the Little A-Le-Inn in Rachel, Nevada. (14)
June 11, 1993:
Daily Variety , an entertainment industry newspaper reports "New Line Nabs Pic Based on Gov't UFO Scientist". Excerpts from the story: "The life story of former U.S. government scientist Bob Lazar that was recently put into turnaround by Gruber-Peters Prods. has been put on an earthly fast track by New Line Cinema for director Chuck Russell, according to Michael De Luca, New Line's exec veepee/CEO."
"New Line finalized the deal for the untitled film on Wednesday after Lazar considered competing offers from producer Steve Tisch, Simpson-Bruckheimer Prods. and actor Steven Seagal, De Luca said."
"De Luca said the pic will have an $8 million to $10 million budget and will shoot in fall or early `94 with a `94 release."
In the above "OR" means Official Record of the County Recorder's office.
The dates shown reflect the precision with which they are known. Precise dates are used whenever possible.
Per Lindemann in UFOs and The Alien Presence, 6 Viewpoints , RL has been granted patents. Areas unknown. In a personal discussion with Lindemann, I asked about the patent comment, but Lindemann was unable to recall even making the statement in his book. I have made several patent searches for anything by Robert Lazar with negative results.
Per Timothy Good, RL worked at S-4 only 6 or 7 days between December 1988 and April 1989. Per RL at Rachel-93, he flew in between 4 and 5 PM, and left by 11 PM. Therefore, his total employed hours at S-4 must be 49 hours or less, or just over the equivalent of one week's work.
Document Sources And Availability
(1) Alien Contact , by Timothy Good, published by William Morrow and Co., 1993 (AKA Alien Liaison )
(2) UFOs and The Alien Presence, 6 Viewpoints , by Michael Lindemann, 1991. Published by the 2020 Group, 3463 State Street, Box 264, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(3) Los Alamos Monitor , June 27, 1982, page A1, "LA Man Joins the Jet Set - at 200 Miles an Hour". This document is only available for on-site inspection and copying at the offices of the Monitor, 256 DP Road, Los Alamos, NM 87544. (505) 662-4185. This story has been transcribed and placed on the Internet.
(4) Las Vegas Sun , April 23, 1986, Page 8B, "Obituaries". Available on microfilm at the offices of the Sun or numerous libraries.
(5) Las Vegas Review-Journal , April 23, 1986, Page 2B, "Deaths". Available on microfilm at the offices of the R-J or numerous libraries.
(6) Las Vegas Review-Journal , June 19, 1990, Page 8B, "Source in Channel 8's UFO series pleads guilty to pandering charge". Available on microfilm at the offices of the R-J or numerous libraries.
(7) Las Vegas Review-Journal , August 21, 1990, Page 2C, "Judge gives UFO `witness' Lazar probation on pandering charge". Available on microfilm at the offices of the R-J or numerous libraries.
(8) UFO's, The Best Evidence , video by George Knapp. Available from "Video Dave" at the UFO Audio-Video Clearing House, PO Box 342, Yucaipa, CA 92399, (909) 795-3361. Call for details and prices.
(9) The Lazar Tape , video by Tri-Dot Productions, 1324 S. Eastern, Las Vegas, NV 89104. This tape had been available at a price of $29.95 + $3.50 S&H. A newer, slightly more expensive version with enhanced production values is the final stages.
(10) Public records, Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder/Clerk's office., 12400 E. Imperial Highway, Norwalk, CA. (Marriage certificates are $13 each,: 310 462-2137) (Real estate documents are $2 for the 1st page and $0.50 for each page thereafter: 310 462- 2133)
(11) Public records, Clark County Recorder's office, 309 S. 3rd Street, (or PO Box 551510) Las Vegas, NV 89155- 1510. (702) 455-4336. Cost for Official Records is $1.00 per page. Certified marriage certificates are $7.00.
(12) Public records, Clark County Clerk's office, 200 S. 3rd Street (or PO Box 551601) Las Vegas, NV 89155-1601. (702) 455-4411. Cost varies per document. Call.
(13) Public records, Case BK 86-01623, US Federal Bankruptcy Court, Las Vegas.(702) 388-6257. Cost for bankruptcy papers is a $25.00 retrieval fee and about $8.00 for copying the roughly 120 pages of information.
(14) Public question and answer session by RL on May 1, 1993 at Rachel, Nevada. "Bob Lazar at The Ultimate UFO Seminar" transcript available from Glenn Campbell, PO Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001. Cost is $8.00 plus $2.00 postage (Overseas airmail is $5.00).
(15) Personal correspondence with Stanton Friedman, dated June 27, 1994. Quoted with permission.
(16) Documentation of Glenn Campbell's search for RL's records and instructor at MIT is available from him at PO Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001. Include $1.00 for copying and postage (This info is included as part of reference 14).